That’s a very good question. Before we answer, we usually invite you to call us for a quick discussion. On that discussion, here are some important points that we will raise for your consideration: –
Age and condition of the existing house. As an example, if the existing house is between 30 to 50 years old, has cracks through the walls and ceiling, the foundation’s don’t look solid and to be honest, you will not like to live there in a short term, pretty much the answer is straight forward… Let’s Demolish and Build!. Give us a call!!, our team will help you from the start to the completion and save you headaches!!! Our team has processes in place to help you with the demolition, design and construction of the New Build based on previous good experiences with our customers. –
Have you had a look at the houses in the same street? Have you checked your neighbour’s houses? This will give you a good indication of the area and if it worth it for your pocket without overcapitalizing. Let’s try to be honest again … if you are the oldest or ugliest house on the street or one of them, and you have brand new homes or full renovated homes around, it doesn’t hurt to call us to be able to give you a quote for Demolish and Build New or for Renovate the existing house. We may be able to keep the structural parts of the house and go from there and save you some dollars and time.
Again, Demolish to Build New or Renovate doesn’t have to be a painful process is you have the right team like ours.
Why us? here is why:
- We have allocated staff to help you with the design stage with our independent drafting team which usually are extremely quick. At SDC, we have different teams, we have the ones that loved the colonial Hamptons style, and on the other hand, we have the team that likes architectural or modern/affordable finishes.. either way, we got you covered!!
- Once we have the set of plans or a concept of the layout, we can run the numbers and give you an estimate of the construction costs… That can be for a New Build or for a Renovation or Extension. This will help you to make a decision regarding going for a Demolition and Build New… or Renovate.
- After making your decision about Demolishing – Building New or Renovating, we will organize the final plans, engineer details, soil test, boundary certificate, bush fire area certificate or any document we believe the Private Certifier or Council will need.
- While all the above documents are getting prepare, we will confirm the previously estimated price – or if needed, we will run new numbers after few modifications made… whatever is the way, we are happy to give you a fixed price with allowances in case needed.
- Our professional staff will make sure all details are in the estimate/quote proposal for your revision. Even if this takes a lot of revisions. We want to make sure we hear you and we got it right more importantly!!
- Once all details and pricing as been sorted, we proceed to sign a contract and schedule a Start date!!!!! SUPER exciting!!!!!!
Thanks to our over 35 years of experience, Our Consultancy Services have been very successful in helping the customer to choose the right property for them for the correct price. The Consultancy Services varies, however the most popular is when we come with you to the “Open House” or “Private appointment” (previously organized), and we will walk making notes about the property, renovation and extension ideas, and desires you may have. We will also include important repairs before settlement that may save you some extra dollars on the purchase price.
We guarantee you a formal report with photos before the end of the day stating the ideas discussed with an Estimated price. That will give you the correct information to Negotiate the final purchase price.
As a custom home builder, we generally work with clients who already own land and we build on their lot. However, it can be advantageous to contact a builder while you’re still researching land, as the Builder can help you get a better idea of the kind of land you’ll want to build on.
Please keep in mind, the land you end up with will dictate much about your home’s design. So while it may be obvious that we can’t start building a home until you have a place to build it, what might not be so obvious — but is just as important to know — that we really can’t design a home either until we know exactly what kind of building conditions we’ll have.
If you’re interested, we can work with you and provide all the documentation needed for your construction loan, so feel free to contact us if that’s what you’d like to do. Also, if you don’t know a good real estate agent on Sunshine Coast yet, let us know and we’ll connect you with one of our preferred real estate agents who can help you find land.
If you need more info, Call Cheay :+61 437 232 133
The approximate price sometimes is hard to calculate as each project is different and will depend on the following: location/suburb (if travel is required), job site condition (as in the land contours/shape), land positioning (where will be beachfront or inner suburb) and council/government approvals. After reviewing the previous conditions, you should be able to make a decision regarding the type of building you want in accordance with your budget.
We recommend you to contact a builder before start the planning. The builder will help you with a realistic view regarding if your project is possible or not.
If you’re interested, we can work with you and provide all the documentation needed for your construction loan, so feel free to contact us if that’s what you’d like to do.
If you need more info, Call Daniela +61 0437 232 133
We generally provide a full quote for the works, and an hourly rate set up depending on the scope of works and the customer’s budget. Sometimes the quotation will depend on the job site location, conditions, and the layout of the design.
We always try to avoid generating Variations to the customers, as usually, those come with extra costs.
If you are looking to keep the costs down, we have great ideas and tips which can help you.
Call Cheay, with his ideas and over 25 years experience in the construction industry, he will execute the project on time and within the budget. He will manage to finish the job up to the customer’s expectations.
It will depend on the scope of works and the type of property. Some councils have specific rules for the type of work, as an example, fencing and driveways specifications can vary in dimensions/details between a property classified Rural and Residential.
Still not sure? Just call us. Our Team has been liaising with the local councils and helping our customers to move forward within their construction project. We are able to help you and guide you in the process, so feel free to contact us.
Call Cheay and Daniela, with our ideas and combined 35 years of experience in the construction industry, we will execute the project on time and within the budget.